Shakopee Holiday Checklist
Make a list and check it twice…of fun things to Shakopee this holiday season! From awe-inspiring lights displays to unique spots to buy gifts, tasty holiday treats to the best places to ring in the New Year, here’s your festive checklist.
- Visit Severs Holiday Lights for one of the best spectacles of the season. The half-mile drive-through route features over 2.5 million lights, as well as entertainment and food vendors along the route. Pre-purchased online tickets are required, and the light show will be open daily through January 1, 2023.
- Get in the holiday spirit with Christmas in Color at Valleyfair. The drive-through lights display features millions of colorful lights synchronized to music, including giant candy canes, snowmen, and illuminated tunnels. The lights display will be held select dates through January 1, 2023.
- Learn about traditional mid-winter celebrations with a Folkways of the Holidays guided tour at The Landing. The interactive tours feature a look inside historic homes decorated for the holidays and a chance to try holiday traditions like spinning a dreidel or caroling. Pre-registration is required, with several tour dates from December 3-29, 2022.
- Find one-of-a-kind Christmas gifts (and something for yourself, too) at Junk Bonanza at Canterbury Park, held Friday, December 2 and Saturday, December 3, 2022. The indoor event features over 50 vendors selling vintage items, decor, gifts, and specialty foods.
- Get your holiday shopping done with a pint in hand at Badger Hill Brewing’s Winter Market on Saturday, December 3, 2022. The market will have handmade crafts, snacks, and more from over 20 local vendors, with live music afterwards.
- Browse the local retailers of historic downtown Shakopee for holiday shopping in a picturesque small town atmosphere. You’ll find men’s and women’s apparel, fine jewelry, home decor, and gift items, plus plenty of spots to grab a bite to eat.
Events & Concerts
- Kick off the holiday season with Shakopee’s family-friendly Holiday Fest on Saturday, December 3, 2022. The outdoor event is held downtown, and includes a vendor marketplace, walk-through parade, kids’ crafts activities, photos with Santa, a tree lighting, and fireworks.
- Indulge in some holiday nostalgia with A Boy Band Christmas at the Mystic Showroom on Wednesday, December 21, 2022. The concert will include classic holiday tunes and pop hits by Jeff Timmons, Drew Lachey, and Justin Jeffre of 98 Degrees, Jamie Jones of All-4-One, Erik Michael Estrada of O-Town, and Ryan Cabrera.
- Wrap up 2022 in style at Mystic Lake Casino’s GLO pop-up nightclub on Friday, December 30 and Saturday, December 31, 2022. The no-cover event will feature live music from local cover band Good For Gary, as well as a dance floor and a full cash bar with specialty drinks.
- Ring in 2023 at Mystic Lake Casino with a New Year’s Eve party on Saturday, December 31, 2022. Grab a free party hat or tiara, stop by the Instagram-worthy photo stations, and toast the New Year with champagne at midnight.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve at Shakopee Bowl with a concert by Jonah and the Whales on Saturday, December 31, 2022. Reserved table seats are available in advance online.
Festive Eats & Drinks
- Meet Santa over brunch at Stonebrooke Golf Club on Sunday, December 11, 2022. Register in advance for a buffet meal that will include made-to-order eggs, carved tenderloin, waffles, pastries, a hot cocoa bar, and s’mores on the patio.
- Savor the season with a festive drink from Coffee ta Cream. In addition to holiday specials, there’s a delicious lineup of specialty flavored mochas. Not a coffee fan? Make any mocha a gourmet hot chocolate by requesting it without espresso.
- Treat yourself to a sweet treat from Bittner’s Bakery, which offers classic Scandinavian Christmas cookies, elaborately-decorated sugar and gingerbread cookies, and cake donuts in holiday flavors like eggnog.
Stay in Shakopee this holiday season! Shakopee is home to Valleyfair, Canterbury Park, and the Minnesota Renaissance Festival, and is conveniently located to area attractions including Mystic Lake Casino, the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, and Chanhassen Dinner Theater.