The Luck of the Irish Has Come to Shakopee
The luck of the Irish has come to Shakopee, Minnesota via O’Brien’s Public House. This beautiful establishment opened its doors to the public in March, 2016. A great addition to Downtown Shakopee, O’Brien’s brings a unique flair to Irish food. Add in some terrific American options, wonderful decor and ambiance, and a great selection of drinks and craft beers, and O’Brien’s is definitely a place to visit on your next trip to Shakopee.
I have been to O’Brien’s on three separate occasions, once for their weekend brunch and twice for lunch. For brunch, I ordered the Corned Beef Hash. The corned beef had wonderful flavor, as did the hash. The entire dish was terrific, and I would definitely recommend for anyone there during their weekend brunch.
Both of my visits for lunch during the weekday. O’Brien’s definitely has a great atmosphere during any time of the day, and would be a great lunch stop for business or personal. Both times I enjoyed the Public House Cod & Chips. You receive a very large piece of PBR battered cod. It was a very light breading, and avoided being greasy and heavy. The slaw also has a great flavor to it, and the Tina’s pickles have great taste and a surprising kick to them.
Some other brunch and lunch recommendations from people I went with include:
- Eggs Benedict (Brunch) – fired braised ham, poached eggs, chive hollandaise, toasted English muffin, O’Brien potatoes, seasonal fruit
- Reuben – braised corned beef, house kraut, 1000 island, swiss cheese, marble rye
- Rosemary Chicken – grilled chicken, herbed goat cheese, stone ground mustard, kaiser roll
- Shepard’s Pie – red wine braised beef, wild mushrooms, root vegetables, demi-glace, mashed potato crust, house greens
O’Brien’s also has a large appetizer menu available. Some of my favorites include:
- Lamb Sliders with aged white cheddar, rosemary-mint aioli, and mixed greens
- Banger Pops – banger sausages, puff pastry, stone ground remoulade
- Ploughman’s Plate – cured meats, local + imported cheeses, house pickles, soda bread, tomato jam
O’Brien’s is not only for adults. They offer a terrific kids menu including kid’s favorite’s like Mac + Cheese, BBQ Ribs, Cod + Chips, Cheese Flatbread, and more!
View the Full Menu Here
Of course, O’Brien’s will offer special menu items during special times throughout the year including their corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick’s Day.
O’Brien’s also has a wonderful bar available for people looking to enjoy a cocktail or craft beer. If you are a fan of craft beer, specifically IPAs, I would recommend ordering the Traitor IPA from Badger Hill Brewery. Badger Hill Brewery is a local, award winning brewery located in Shakopee, Minnesota. Also, of course, you can get a wonderful Irish Whiskey concoction made with delicious 2 Gingers whiskey, like their Irish Coffee.
This great, new dining establishment in Shakopee, Minnesota is a terrific place for individuals and their families to attend after visiting one of our world-class attractions. Whether you enjoy the ambiance from inside the restaurant, or enjoy the sights of the Minnesota River from their expansive patio, you will not be disappointed in your experience.